Give Me A Break
Animal rights activists are, typically, outraged. This is my favorite quote.
The president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals says — "If you wouldn't strap your child to the roof of your car, you have no business doing that to the family dog."Please allow me to point out, as a parent and a life-long dog owner, that you do plenty of things to your dog that you would never do to your child, such as:
- Feed your dog out of a bowl on the kitchen floor
- Have your dog spayed or neutered before it hits puberty.
- Make your dog live in a small, uninsulated house in the back yard, year 'round.
- Put your dog in a small box in the bed of your pickup to transport it.(They are called dog boxes, and they are abundant in the south.)
- Rub your dog's nose in the little present (s)he left in the den.
- Cage your dog while you are at work so you don't have to hire someone to watch it.