« Home | I Just Threw Up In My Mouth A Little » | Ouch » | Who Knew? » | More Proof That I'm Always Right » | Friday Flashback » | Just For The Fun Of It » | I Wasn't Talking About Me.. Duh » | Fair And Balanced » | These Are Not My Pants » | Mom, It's Not Right » 

Tuesday, June 26 

Ah, Those Crazy Insurgents

Those crazy in the Taliban are at it again. This time they recruited a 6 year old boy as a suicide bomber.
Juma said that sometime last month Taliban fighters forced him to wear a vest they said would spray out flowers when he touched a button. He said they told him that when he saw American soldiers, "throw your body at them."

The militants cornered Juma in a Taliban-controlled district in southern Afghanistan's Ghazni province. Their target was an impoverished youngster being raised by an older sister — but also one who proved too street-smart for their plan.

"When they first put the vest on my body I didn't know what to think, but then I felt the bomb," Juma told The Associated Press as he ate lamb and rice after being introduced to the elders at this joint U.S.-Afghan base in Ghazni. "After I figured out it was a bomb, I went to the Afghan soldiers for help."
What do you know, a vest that sprays flowers. I'm sure they were just promoting good will among the nations. The Taliban, of course, denies the story.
A Taliban spokesman, Qari Yousef Ahmadi, denied the militant group uses child fighters, saying it has hundreds of adults ready for suicide missions.

"We don't need to use a child," Ahmadi told the AP by satellite phone. "It's against Islamic law, it's against humanitarian law. This is just propaganda against the Taliban."
Perhaps they haven't seen these pictures on My Pet Jawa of a 12 year old being walked through beheading a man.

But like Rosie says, "Who are the real terrorists?"

Labels:

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.