« Home | Who Knew? » | More Proof That I'm Always Right » | Friday Flashback » | Just For The Fun Of It » | I Wasn't Talking About Me.. Duh » | Fair And Balanced » | These Are Not My Pants » | Mom, It's Not Right » | The King Of All Beasts Speaks » | Eats, Shoots and Leaves » 

Monday, June 25 

Ouch

Last week a thirteen year old girl had her feet cut off on the Superman Tower of Power* ride at Louisville, Kentucky's Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom.

I have been to Kentucky Kingdom, before and after it was bought by Six Flags. I rode the Tower of Power back when it was called the Hellevator, and let me tell you, it deserved the name.

I like roller coasters. I like being being a little afraid on a ride. When something scares me, I try to do it anyway, because I don't like being afraid. But that ride scared the hell out of me. I screamed like a little girl the entire time, and got laughed at by all the little girls around me who thought it was the greatest thing ever invented.

Well, who's laughing now, huh?

If you really want to scare yourself into never going to another amusement park, check out this site.

I know I'm making light of this, but I really cannot fathom what that poor girl and her family are going through. In an instant their lives were changed forever. I would be willing to bet that there is going to be an extremely large check coming their way in the not too distant future.


*You have no idea how badly I want to make some jokes here that reference Frank Zappa's "Bobby Brown", but I'll refrain.

Labels:

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.