« Home | The Two-Faced Post » | Friday Flashback » | Spineless Fools, The Lot Of Them » | Middle Age Dancing Can Kill » | So Much For Celebrity Status » | Friday Flashback » | Republican Debate » | Not Having A Good Day » | Happy May Day » | Best Snarky Nerd Comment Of The Day » 

Saturday, May 12 

High Alert In Germany

The U.S. and Germany fear attacks on military personnel and tourists
German Interior Minister Wolfgang Schauble told reporters, "The danger level is high. We are part of the global threat by Islamist terrorism."

Of particular concern, according to U.S. and German law enforcement officials, is Patch Barracks, the headquarters for U.S. European Command, near Stuttgart.
Emphasis mine. This caught my attention for two reasons.

1., It's serious enough that we have diverted U.S. Air Marshals to flights to and from Germany.

2. When I was in middle school, we lived in Ludwigsburg, Germany and my father worked at Patch Barracks. I know the area all too well. The last time I was on Patch Barracks was the fall of '90, but thanks to Google Earth, I've visited a few times recently.

Any mention of Germany and terrorists always captures my attention because I lived there so long. I know a lot of people who are still living there. It's a beautiful country and I would hate to see any more of it destroyed.

Labels: ,

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.