« Home | Straight Talk From The Imam » | Name! That! Party! » | Si, Se Puede! » | Is Big Brother Watching Your Pizza? » | It's Tequila Time » | My Nerd Meter Is Pegged » | Introducing Your Speaker... Me » | Don't Point That At Me, It Might Be Loaded » | Can You Smell What Barack is Cookin? » | You're Awful, I love You » 

Sunday, May 11 

Public Vs. Private School

I had a discussion with someone yesterday about why so many people have a problem with public school these days, seeing as how she and I both went to public schools, and we're not idiots. Well, here's my answer.

If you can watch this fifteen minute video demonstrating typical math education in today's public schools and not want to immediately yank your kids out of the school, then I don't know what else I can say to you.

This, of course, does not mean that I think that every public school is worthless, nor that all educators are worthless. But there is definitely a nice size chunk of educators out there that aren't worth the metal it would take to manufacture the bullet it would take to put them out of their misery.

Labels: ,

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.