« Home | Friday Flashback » | The Pentagon Channel » | Just Call Us The Party Of Inclusion » | How Much Are You Worth Dead? » | Pennies From Heaven » | Because I Believe In Fairness » | iSarcasm » | I Hate To Keep Having To Say I Told You So.... But » | Get Out Of Jail Free » | Come Together » 

Friday, July 13 

Standing Guard


Not long ago my small, southern town came to a grinding halt for the funeral of a young soldier killed in Iraq. I took this picture in front of the funeral home. The Patriot Guard Riders, along with several local vets and members of active duty, were lined down the sidewalk, standing guard over this brave young man's funeral, ensuring he was treated with the dignity and respect he deserved.

Luckily none of the whack jobs from Westboro showed up and everything was as it should be. A nation lost one of its young heroes, a family grieved, and a town came together in support of that family.

Labels: ,

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.