« Home | The Thought Police Strike Again » | They're Coming Home » | Some Frank Comments From Boehner » | We Decide, You Don't Get To Report » | You Are Not Alone » | Please Show Your Support » | It'll Go Great With Your Tinfoil Hat » | War Pr0n » | Queer Eye For The Black Bear » | Friday Flashback » 

Friday, May 25 

Friday Flashback


I promised an entirely different genre this week, and I aim to deliver. This is Itzhak Perlman playing Serenade Melancolique Op 26.

I play several instruments passably; bass guitar, drums, and I played some brass in middle and high school band. Nothing to write home about, but at least I don't make you run from the room screaming with any of them. However, if I could trade my mediocre talent on all the other instruments I play for mastery of one, it would be the violin. I own a violin, and like the other instruments, I can make music with it. But it is nothing like what you hear from someone like Perlman. But, I am also not willing to spend hours every day practicing, so I guess this is as good as I'm ever going to be.



One more for you to enjoy. This is Itzhak Perlman playing the theme from Schindler's List.

Now you have seen a side of me that I rarely show people I know. They know I enjoy classical music, but there are only a handful of people who know of my desire to play the violin. Welcome to my inner circle.

Labels:

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.