« Home | Some Days This Is Too Easy » | Immigration Reform Deal » | Cowboy Fun » | Run For The White House » | Here's Your Quagmire » | I Increased My Carbon Footprint » | Blade Runner » | Didn't We Already Have One Of These? » | Japan Needs More Dismemberment Laws » | This Is What We Get » 

Friday, May 18 

Friday Flashback

Time for yet another installment of the music I love. I know you look forward to this all week.

My earliest music memories involve this song. I was just a wee boy when this song came out, and I can remember standing in the living room with the headphones on listening to my dad's old reel-to-reel play Deep Purple. As such, this song has always held a special place in my heart.


Radar Love is one of my favorite driving songs. I remember cruising around town when I was 16, windows down, playing this song for the benefit of anyone who happened to be within earshot of my car.

On my frequent road trips this song comes up pretty regularly and I can't help but beat on the steering wheel, playing along with the song as I drive. I usually end up speeding up quite a bit during the song as well. Luckily it's never been the cause of a moving violation for me.



Sticking with the 70s theme here. This is an updated version by Christian artists Audio Adrenaline. I've been on stage with this band a couple times, and they. just. rock. This version is another favorite of mine for road trips. I like the up tempo stuff.

Next week you can look forward to a completely different genre of music.

Labels:

Free Ride was used to the best effect in the movie Dazed and Confused (aka the story of my high-school years.)

Post a Comment
Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.