« Home | COB For Secretary Of The Army » | I Know You're All Shocked » | Trial Attorneys Make Me Sick » | I Love Free Enterprise » | Just Plain Ignorant » | Interesting Statistic » | The Fun Is Just Starting » | We Have To Protect Our Heritage » | Ranger Up » | It's Called A Light-Skinned Vehicle For A Reason » 

Sunday, March 4 

Excuse Me, While I Kiss This Guy

I love when you say one thing but people here something else. It's especially funny with song lyrics, but it's fun in normal conversations as well. I play on words like this all the time at work. Instead of saying someone irritated me, I always say they "irrigated" me, "ex-squeeze me" instead of "excuse me" and "spank you" instead of "thank you". The fun is endless. Yeah, I'm a dork.

It's especially fun when a news source does this.
Correction: In the original version of this report, NEWSWEEK misquoted Falwell as referring to "assault ministry." In fact, Falwell was referring to "a salt ministry"—a reference to Matthew 5:13, where Jesus says "Ye are the salt of the earth." We regret the error.
I was all set to write about how Liberty University is ranked higher than Harvard in national debate, and that Harvard lost to them in their last match-up, until I saw that last paragraph. Falwell (who I'm pretty sure is nuts) was speaking about the students as "a salt ministry", but Susannah Meadows heard "assault ministry". I guess we hear what we want to hear, but that is really hilarious. I think I'll start using that phrase from here on out.

"We're taking this food down to the soup kitchen as a part of our assault ministry."

Labels:

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.