« Home | Headline Of The Day » | I Know You Are As Shocked By This As I Am » | Am I The Only One Who Noticed That This Is Happeni... » | It's Twoo.. It's Twoo » | Friday Music » | When Is A Right Of The People Not Really A Right O... » | You Can't Argue With Logic » | In Their Own Words » | Dean Martin and John Wayne » | The Gift That Keeps On Giving The Whole Year Long » 

Thursday, July 24 

I, Too, Started My Working Life At McDonald's

Just not exactly like this.
A man who held up a McDonald's at gunpoint when he was 14 is one of two South Florida finalists in a contest to mix a new jingle for the fast-food giant.

Tamien Bain served 12 years in prison for the crime.

Now 29 and known in hip-hop circles as "BAiNG The Locksmith," Bain, of Miami, learned this week he's made the top five in McDonald's BIG MAC chant competition.
Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.

The good side to the story is that serving his time seems to have turned this guy's life around, and now he's trying to help out other juvenile offenders. And I have a new respect for McDonald's, in that he told them up front about his past but they let him compete anyway.

See, some stories do have a happy ending.

Labels: ,

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.