« Home | RIP William F. Buckley, Jr. » | Weekend Relaxation » | Someone Owes Reagan An Apology » | All You Hear Is Crickets » | Why Wait, Get Your News Here First » | I Have Absolutely No Idea What To Say About This » | If The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend.. » | Apparently Denial Doesn't Change The Facts » | I'm Left With No One » | Reason TV » 

Thursday, February 28 

By "Hope" And "Change" He Means "Lying To Get Your Vote"

I know Barack leaves us all with that warm, fuzzy feeling of hope for the future when he changes government, but is he really going to be doing all the things he claims?
Within the last month, a top staff member for Obama's campaign telephoned Michael Wilson, Canada's ambassador to the United States, and warned him that Obama would speak out against NAFTA, according to Canadian sources.

The staff member reassured Wilson that the criticisms would only be campaign rhetoric, and should not be taken at face value.
Later in the story an Obama staffer indicates that this claim is "implausible" but never denies that contact was made with the Canadian ambassador.

Looks like Obama learned plenty in the Chicago system after all. Smile, firm handshake, lie like a dog to get elected.

h/t Captain Ed

Labels: ,

Hmm. . .I don't know, Frank. It seems like every politician can be accused of lying to get a vote somewhere along the line. It all seems rather silly to me.

I agree. But Obama is being portrayed as the messiah come to change politics forever, and in reality he's no different than every other slimeball running for office.

And if he's lying about this, what else in his bag of "hope and change" is he lying about?

Agree Frank, plus there is a little more here. It is one thing to say, "I'll reduce your taxes" and never mean it, and quite another to call a foreign minister and say, "I'm going to lie to the American people and it involves my country's relationship with yours, but don't worry because I don't mean a bit of it". If true this belies both an inherent dishonesty which is natural for an Illinois politician and a complete misunderstanding to the importance of candor and truth in dealing when it comes to permanent treaties with your allies and neighbors.

Post a Comment
Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.