« Home | Reason TV » | The Gipper » | The Ant And The Grasshopper » | And Now For Something Completely Different » | Makes You Want To Hit The Crack Pipe, Doesn't It? » | Dear Mike Huckabee, » | It's The Evil Jooos » | Yes, Please » | Now With Added Nuts » | Video Goodness » 

Thursday, February 7 

I'm Left With No One

With Duncan Hunter and Fred dropping out, I was left with the choice of McCain or Romney. I chose Romney, but now I'm starting to realize that there is really no one to support on the Republican side. When I vote in November, it's going to be against either Hillary or Obama, not because I'm a supporter of whoever is on the opposite side of the ballot.

Romney has changed his position on a whole slew of issues in the last few years, from taxes to abortion, to gun control. I'm not fond of someone changing his position on that many issues, but since we was consistent on changing them all to more conservative positions, I could live with it. But now there's this.

In 2004 Romney told the Boston Globe that:
I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there and in some ways it was frustrating not to feel like I was there as part of the troops that were fighting in Vietnam.
And then in the January 30 debate at the Reagan library he said again,
One of the two great regrets I have in life is I didn’t serve in the military. I’d love to have.
This is a sentiment I can identify with. The older I get, the more I regret not having served in the military. Just about every male member of my family has served at one time or another, dating all the way back to the Revolutionary War. So this plays well to me.

Until I read this from the May 2, 1994 Boston Herald,
I was not planning on signing up for the military. It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam.
Now I'm just pissed off. To see a list of side-by-side Romney flip flops, check out this site.

By the time my state's primary comes around I won't have to vote, because McCain will have won. But come November I'm going to find myself in the dilemma of having to hold my nose and vote for a Republican I don't like but who at least matches up with some of my beliefs, or one of two Democrats that I know for sure don't believe anything I do.

So, anyone looking forward to 2012 yet?

Hat Tip to Black Five

Update Well, looks like that decision was made for me.

Labels:

What do you think of McCain?

Post a Comment
Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.