« Home | How Well Do You Know Frank? » | It Must Be Nice To Be This Stupid » | Virginia Tech » | I Hope I Die Before I Get Old » | Wonder If He'll Respond » | Required Reading » | The Double Standard ExplainedStraight From The Hor... » | Fred On The Issues » | Is Fred Ready To Run? » | The Standards, They Are Doubled » 

Wednesday, April 18 

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?


What is up with this Maya Angelou wannabe at the convocation yesterday? Most of her poem was quite good, and exactly what the student body needed to hear. It is a tragedy that they did not deserve, but what the hell does that have to do with the baby elephant in Africa? Or the Mexican child? Or the Appalachian baby? And whatever else she was rambling on about?

When bad things happen, there is always someone ready to use it to advance some political agenda. And yes, politics is perfectly acceptable in discussing this, which is why I included my views on gun ownership in my post below. However, when you are at a convocation to honor the dead, you should not take that time to compare innocent students being gunned down in their classrooms to elephants being killed for their ivory. The two have no moral equivalence at. all.

She was not so much about cheering for the Hokies as she was about promoting herself. Waving her arms around, as if to say, "Look at me. Aren't I wonderful?" Get over yourself woman.

I'm sure we'll be seeing her on Oprah within a week.

Labels: ,

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.