« Home | 60s Hippie Culture In 2:38 » | What Are These Borders Of Which You Speak? » | Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes » | I'm Waiting For The Outrage » | Because Christians Don't Typically Riot » | I Have A Limited Dream For A Select Few » | It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year » | Because You Would Never Guess This About Me » | The Secret Of Life Revealed » | Heh » 

Thursday, September 6 

I Am Impressed

Comedian Eddie Griffin had his stand-up routine stopped because of repeated use of the "n" word.
Griffin, who has appeared in movies such as "Undercover Brother" and "Date Movie" and the TV show "Malcolm & Eddie," was performing at a Black Enterprise magazine event in the Miami suburb of Doral on Friday when he was cut off after using profanities and the N-word, said Andrew Wadium, a spokesman for the publication.
Griffin also stars in one of my favorite poory acted, coming of age stories "The New Guy".

The fact that they actually stopped his performance because of his language surprises the hell out of me. I mean, a lot of black comedians make a name for themselves precisely because of their language; e.g. Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy. Maybe entertainment is finally going to come full circle and people are going to realize that you don't have to make ever set about how often you can drop the F-bomb or how many times you can use the "n" word. Maybe rap music will even clean up a little bit. But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Of course Al Sharpton is taking credit for it, and I guess we'll let him have his day. I still think he's a race-baiting, bottom dweller, but he's on the right side of this issue.

Labels:

Copyright (c) 2007, Frankly Speaking.